Here is a peek into some management tools I use to run my classroom:
- Each class is able to move a maximum of 3 spaces on the game board towards an art party.
- Pinned above the white board are 3 colored rectangles.
- The students start each class with all 3 squares.
- If they have trouble as a group staying quiet or following directions you can pull off the green card. Then the students will earn just two space moves in the art game at the end o f class.
- If they are still having trouble following direction remove the yellow card then they will just move one space at the end of class and so on.
- At end of class move their teachers name on the game board however many spaces they have left.
ART DOLLARS: Give out blank art dollars to students showing that they are being extra awesome at following rules. Students write full name and teacher’s name on dollar and put it in the pocket chart in the pocket with their teacher’s name.
Art Room Consequences:
- Verbal Warning
- Write name on green Warning dry erase board on cabinet by sink
- Write name on yellow board, then 5 minute time out
- Write name on red board and 10 minute time out
- Note Home to parents (found on side of cabinet near classroom door)
Art Room Rules
ACT RESPONSIBLE – Make good choices.
RESPECT yourself, others, materials.
TRY YOUR BEST – Think art smart & don’t give up.
IMAGINATIVE – Show me something different.
STAY SEATED – Raise your hand and wait patiently.
TALK QUIETLY and keep working.
Hall Passes are clipped to a paper by the door. 1 girl and 1 boy are allowed at a time.
Attention getters: The students are allowed to talk quietly while they work. To get their attention I say “Hands on Top”. Students must put down anything they are holding, put both hands on their head (or in their lap for a long direction) and students say “Everybody stop!”.
Clean up: Stop the class before the last 5 minutes to clean up. If doing a messy project I have art room jobs posted on the bulletin board up front. The kids do the job that matches the number on their table. Just call their number to have them do their job.