2nd Grade Superheroes
- 80lb sulfite paper. 9X12 or 12X18 or watercolor paper
- black crayons
- oil pastels
- watercolor paint (we used liquid)
Our school is starting the Leader in Me program so I thought I could have the second graders draw themselves not just as leaders but as superhero leaders!
- We talked about the seven habits and each student got to choose a habit that they thought they were super at.
- I did a directed line drawing, showing them how to draw superheroes in addition to having some sample superhero worksheets out on the tables.
- First they drew the outlines in black crayon
- Then colored in the superheros in oil pastel.
- Then I had them draw the buildings in black crayon and color in the windows in yellow oil pastel.
- The last step is to paint the background with liquid watercolor.
FA.2.CX.1 Understand the global, historical, societal, and cultural contexts of the visual arts.
FA.2.CX.2.2 Understand relationships between art and concepts from other disciplines, such as math, science, language arts, social studies, and other arts.
FA.2.V.2.2 Use personal point of view of the environment as a source of imagery.
FA.2.V.1.2 Create original art that expresses ideas about people, neighborhoods, or communities.
Thanks to Art With Mrs.Seitz for inspiration!